Call for Papers
Special Session on
Soft Computing in Civil Engineering
October 16 – October 26, 2007
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
Civil engineers have very well accepted soft computing tools such as Fuzzy Computing, Neuro-Computing, Evolutionary Computing, Probabilistic Computing, and Immunological Computing etc. for carrying out various numerical simulation studies. In last two decades, theses tools independently as well as in hybrid forms have been successfully applied to varieties of problems. This special session is a perfect platform to discuss the various soft computing applications in civil engineering domain. Wide range of research papers with original and fundamental applications of soft computing are invited in the following fields:
· Structural analysis, design, diagnostics and control problems, Structural health monitoring, Structural material behavior modeling, earthquake engineering, etc.
· Flood forecasting; Flood routing model, Hydrological forecasting, Water distribution systems, etc.
· Air quality prediction, Water quality prediction model etc.
· Liquefaction potential assessment, slope stability analysis, piles design, Geo-material modeling, etc.
· Bridge management systems, Traffic control system, Pavement management systems, Pavement behavior models etc.
· Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems, Remote Sensing etc.
· Automated inspection, Risk analysis and decision making, Supply chain management, Construction process reengineering, Procurement management, Environment management, and Safety management etc.
· June 1, 2007 - Deadline for on-line submissions of regular papers
· July 31, 2007 - Acceptance/rejection notification
· September 14, 2007 - Submission of full papers and online presentations
· October 16 – October 26, 2007 - Online conference
· December 1, 2007 - Submission of camera-ready papers for final review
The papers will go through the two-stages review process to maintain high standard. First stage of the review process will be carried out by session chair that is independent from the regular conference paper review. Each paper will have at least two independent reviews, which have to meet scientific standards. The conference organizing committee will perform the second stage of the review process.
Authors should fill up the online form and upload a full paper (max. 10 pages) in PDF format by June 1, 2007. The paper submission guidelines will be found at following website. http://www.softcomputing.org/wsc12
All accepted papers would be presented during the online conference. Participants are also encouraged to present multimedia presentations like online demonstrations, software, video clips etc.) to make the online discussions more interesting. Authors of accepted papers have to register and visit the conference website on a regular basis in order to respond to questions and comments on their paper without delay. By December 1, 2007, camera-ready copies of extended papers have to be submitted for final review and inclusion in the conference proceedings (publisher Springer Verlag). Extended versions of selected papers of the conference will also be invited for a "fast track" submission for the Applied Soft Computing Journal.
Authors will be required to complete an online form for registration. Please note that the registration is open to everyone and it is completely free of charge. The registration form will be available at http://www.softcomputing.org/wsc12
Sudhirkumar Barai PhD
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur 721 302 India