Call for Papers
Special Session on
Soft Computing in Civil Engineering
The 14th Online World Conference on
Soft Computing in Industrial Applications (WSC14)
November 17-29, 2009
Sudhirkumar Barai PhD
Department of Civil Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
Civil engineers have very well accepted soft computing tools such as Fuzzy Computing, Neuro-Computing, Evolutionary Computing, Probabilistic Computing, and Immunological Computing etc. for carrying out various numerical simulation studies. In last two decades, theses tools independently as well as in hybrid forms have been successfully applied to varieties of problems. This special session is a perfect platform to discuss the various soft computing applications in civil engineering domain. Wide range of research papers with original and fundamental applications of soft computing are invited in the following fields:
· Structural analysis, design, diagnostics and control problems, Structural health monitoring, Structural material behaviour modelling, earthquake engineering, etc.
· Flood forecasting; Flood routing model, Hydrological forecasting, Water distribution systems, Ground Water Modelling, etc.
· Air quality prediction, Water quality prediction model etc.
· Liquefaction potential assessment, slope stability analysis, piles design, Geo-material modelling, etc.
· Bridge management systems, Traffic control system, Pavement management systems, Pavement behaviour models, Intelligent Transport Systems etc.
· Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Global Positioning Systems, Remote Sensing etc.
· Automated inspection, Risk analysis and decision making, Supply chain management, Construction process reengineering, Procurement management, Environment management, and Safety management etc.
For submission details of the paper, please visit at: http://wsc14.science-city.org/